So, I installed Chrome frame on a work PC (naughty) in an effort to get some sites to work better. We use IE 7 and 8. Maybe I should say IE7 and 8 are inflicted upon us as some form of bizarre punishment.

Anyway, I immediately ran into problems when I “roamed”.

The plugin itself installs to the “machine”, whether virtual or not, and so doesn’t roam with you. However, it writes to your User registry, which does roam.

Needless to say I started to get errors on certain webpages, mainly regrading aspxpopupcontrol or lack there of.

The simple solution is to look at the location below in your registry and delete any keys that mention Chrome Frame:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsUser AgentPost Platform

It’s up to you whether you backup before you do this or not.